Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recovery

I want to begin this post by saying a big THANK YOU to each and every one of our family and friends that took time to say a prayer for us, post a comment, send flowers, cook us food, or come and visit. We have been overwhelmed with the thoughtfulness from everyone. Now that I am home and recovering I feel the need to blog. First of all my husband, Win, is the most amazing man in the entire world. I have known this for a long time now but having to depend on him to lay me down in bed each night with all my pillows stacked up, he sets his alarm to wake up and give me my pain medicine in the middle of the night, and then in the morning he picks me up out of bed because the pain is too much for me to sit up on my own. He is always one step ahead of me not letting me open any doors that may be too heavy or reach too high to grab a glass or plate.... he truly is amazing! Next the outreach from my family, friends, and coworkers. I can not say it enough how blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life. To each and every one of you out there that has supported us through this time, I hope we in return are able to share the same with you because we love you all.

-Recovery- each day is one step closer to being healed. Pain is worst in the mornings, while I'm trying to sleep, and if I push myself too far. On my breathing treatment device I have reached 1000 which is great because I was barely hitting 500 in the hospital! It is a personal goal for me to get back to 2500 which is what I was at the morning before surgery. I will keep you posted!

-Win's Job Hunt- THE HUNT IS OVER!!!!! Win got a job working for Ceva Logistics in Lewisville. He is very excited about this new beginning because he will be working with a team of people again! Be looking for posts about his new job in the future!

Today is a very exciting day for my best friend Ginia and her husband Russell. She was induced this morning and we are still waiting for lil baby Luker to make his/her appearance! By next blog I will FINALLY know if its a boy or girl!!!!! :)

I really think Im going to like this blogging stuff... Happy Spring Break Everyone! -Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop reading now if you don't want the emotional and graphic details of this wonderfully difficult process!  All men should probably sto...